As a leader within the HCM and HR solutions space, we take extra care to keep ahead of changes in labour legislation that will impact on your business. This is our core value proposition and the reason we have continued to raise the issue of the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act (COIDA).
The main thrust of this law is that it provides for compensation for disablement caused by occupational injuries, diseases sustained or contracted by employees in the course of their employment. It also covers death resulting from injuries and diseases.
Specifically, we want to remind the market that employers must register with the Compensation Commissioner and part of this process requires that employers submit the annual Return of Earnings (ROE) – after which the employer will pay an annual assessment fee.
And yes, this will impact all businesses. Adhering to the law means employers are eligible for incentives if payment is made within a certain period. But, as is the case with all labour law, non-compliance can result in severe penalties.
This is not a situation you want to be in, and it is compounded by the possibility of criminal proceedings being instituted for misrepresentation of the facts.
Our message to the market is ‘don’t let the ROE madness get the better of you!’… we are here to help and we have the expertise, experience and resources to make your life easier.
And we can do this in various ways…
- helping to decipher the legislation and explaining the realities in terms of impact on your business
- advising you on the best practice process to comply with this legislation
- we can register your company with COID
- we can assess your employees remuneration earnings and identifying the risk associated with the type of profession
- we also have the expertise and knowledge to submit your ROE to the Department of Labour or the Rand Mutual Assurance Co.
- in line with our mandate and to ensure that you are protected, we continuously focus on increasing compliance with legislation and reduce the risk of non-compliance.
In short, we have established ourselves as the service provider and advisor of choice in matters legal and that which will impact on your HR capability.
Our immediate advice is to engage with us should you require any help and to avoid neglecting this mission critical issue.
As always, we invite you to email us at email@example.com to schedule a conversation!