Contact us now!
April/May 2017View Article
Newsletter Sign Up!
Enter your details below...
June 1 /2017
Workers who help make up the labour front within key industry sectors play an increasingly important role in South Africa’s economy. We are aware of this and we are positioned to help employers engage and effectively manage their relationship with the MEIBC (Metal and Engineering Industries Bargaining Council). So, it is important for employers to remember that there are seven key points you should know if you are registered with the MEIBC. 1, Levies: the levies to be paid to the bargaining council include dispute resolution levy, admin levy, sick pay fund and technological levy. 2. Employees must be graded according to the MEIBC grading structure. This structure is task based, the MEIBC then publishes annual minimum wage rates and minimum increase percentages for each...comment
May 9 /2017
South African employers ought to be aware that the Minister of Labour has gazetted an increase to the UIF limit, which relates to unemployment benefits in terms of the Unemployment Insurance Act, 2001 (Act no 63 of 2001). Accordingly the scale of benefits referred to in Government Notice No. 588 has been amended and as of 1 April 2017 the UIF earnings limit has been increased from R178 464 per annum to R212 539 per annum (or R14 872 per month to R17 712 per month). It is very important to note that this notice is exclusively for scale of benefits and does not pertain to payroll related UIF. We are all aware of the increasingly difficult economic conditions that businesses find themselves in and this latest development adds...comment
In the News
- June– 'CRS Technologies offers something in HR others cannot’
- May– 'Why South African employers must heed advances in workplace compensation regulation’
- May– 'CRS Technologies hires SA’s future tech talent’
- April– 'Job market more aligned to needs of the disabled - CRS Technologies’
- March– 'Make skills investment legislation work for you says CRS Technologies’
- February– 'CRS Technologies offers the A-Z of HR service’
- January– 'Put payroll first at tax year-end says CRS Technologies’
- January– 'How to negotiate the minefield that is compliance in payroll’
- December– 'Year-end payroll requires meticulous timing’
- December– 'Growing opportunity for SMEs to bolster payroll compliance’
- November– 'Poor Sick Leave Management Is Affecting The Health Of Businesses’
- October– 'Family responsibility leave – Know the law’
- September– 'Follow Simone's animated work journey’