Contact us now!
May/June 2018View Article
Newsletter Sign Up!
Enter your details below...
June 14 /2018
It’s EMP501 Madness - time for Mid-Year Employer Reconciliation Declarations It is that time of the year… and South African employers are reminded that Employer Reconciliation Declaration (or EMP501) have to be submitted to SARS. The EMP501 is important because it confirms or corrects the PAYE, SDL and UIF declarations as per the monthly EMP201 submitted, the payments made and the tax values of the Employee Tax Certificate and ETI, if applicable. The EMP501 submissions have two reporting periods, the interim period (which is for the transaction period 1 March to 31 August) and annual period (which is for the full tax year 1 March to 28/29 February). The interim reconciliation was introduced in September 2010 and has now become an integral part of the...comment
June 1 /2018
In as much as we are cognisant of the changes in South African labour law and feel passionate about the impact regulation has on business, we are just as acutely aware of changes to HR and labour law practices beyond South Africa’s borders... so, we want employers to be aware that Tanzania’s government had signed into law the Public Service Social Security Act, 2018, hereinafter referred to as the PSSS Act, which joins all pension funds into two major entities. The immediate implication is that the entire labour force in both the public and private sectors will be served by the Public Service Social Security Fund (PSSSF) and the National Social Security Fund (NSSF). What does this mean to business owners in Tanzania? Currently there...comment
In the News
- June– 'Be prepared when it comes to retirement tax’
- May– 'Treat employee incapacity with caution’
- April– 'Deadline for South African employers to submit their WSP and ATRs’
- March– 'CRS Technologies sheds light on South Africa's Labour Laws Amendment Bill’
- February– 'The role of the CCMA in helping to settle labour disputes’
- January– 'The impact of integrating HR, payroll into one database’
- January– 'Advantage to outsourcing executive payrolls’
- December– 'Automatic, unfair dismissal has major impact on South Africa's labour force’
- November– 'Embracing integrated HR systems’
- November– 'Employers shooting themselves in the foot over gender gap’
- October– 'Swaziland looks to SOR approach for enhanced HCM’
- October– 'Substantively fair discipline?’
- September– 'Mental health gaining recognition in SA’s workplace’
- September– 'Progressive employment equity – the ins and outs of reality for business’