Contact us now!
June/July 2017View Article
Newsletter Sign Up!
Enter your details below...
July 10 /2017
Some employers may not be aware, but they are required to submit an Employer Reconciliation Declaration (EMP501) that either confirms or corrects the PAYE, SDL and UIF declarations per monthly EMP201 submitted – as well as the payments made and the tax values of the Employee Tax Certificate (IRP5/IT399(a)) and ETI, if applicable. There are two reporting periods that must be factored in – the first, an interim period (for transaction period 1 March to 31 August) and an annual period (for the full tax year 1 March to 28/29 February). The interim reconciliation was introduced in September 2010, and is intended to assist employers by enabling an easier and more accurate annual reconciliation submission, maintaining an up-to-date employee database and registering employees for income...comment
June 1 /2017
Workers who help make up the labour front within key industry sectors play an increasingly important role in South Africa’s economy. We are aware of this and we are positioned to help employers engage and effectively manage their relationship with the MEIBC (Metal and Engineering Industries Bargaining Council). So, it is important for employers to remember that there are seven key points you should know if you are registered with the MEIBC. 1, Levies: the levies to be paid to the bargaining council include dispute resolution levy, admin levy, sick pay fund and technological levy. 2. Employees must be graded according to the MEIBC grading structure. This structure is task based, the MEIBC then publishes annual minimum wage rates and minimum increase percentages for each...comment
In the News
- July– 'Sick leave abuse rendering SA businesses unwell’
- July– 'Foreigners looking for work in Angola - take note’
- June– 'CRS Technologies offers something in HR others cannot’
- May– 'Why South African employers must heed advances in workplace compensation regulation’
- May– 'CRS Technologies hires SA’s future tech talent’
- April– 'Job market more aligned to needs of the disabled - CRS Technologies’
- March– 'Make skills investment legislation work for you says CRS Technologies’
- February– 'CRS Technologies offers the A-Z of HR service’
- January– 'Put payroll first at tax year-end says CRS Technologies’
- January– 'How to negotiate the minefield that is compliance in payroll’
- December– 'Year-end payroll requires meticulous timing’
- December– 'Growing opportunity for SMEs to bolster payroll compliance’
- November– 'Poor Sick Leave Management Is Affecting The Health Of Businesses’
- October– 'Family responsibility leave – Know the law’