Namibia new Integrated Tax System (ITAS)
The Ministry of Finance has developed an integrated information technology solution for the administration of taxes. The new system, known as Integrated Administration System (ITAS) is replacing the existing legacy system (Taxlive) and is operational as from 17 January 2019.
Taxpayers are urged to register as E-service users and maximize the benefits of electronic filing. To register, log in on www.itas.mof.na and download the ITAA Portal User Guide.
Some of the navigation menus the website offers include:
- TAS Portal (E-Service) which covers functions such as e-Registration, e-requests and e-Returns
- Legal & Policy Documents
- Downloads of return forms and other tax-related documents
What employers need to know:
- Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN):The new system requires a “0” (zero) to be added in front of your existing TIN. Current TIN’s (7 digits) on Taxlive will be migrated to ITAS, were an additional digit, ’0’, will be added in front of the existing 7 digits in order to make up the 8 digit TIN required for ITAS.
- Employees Tax Return Tax details (ETX):An employees Tax return is designed to capture employees tax detail. This change will be effective as from 1 March 2019, and all employers will be required to submit a detailed monthly ETX return which contains Employees PAYE 4 details as opposed to just a monthly payment. An excel sheet template designed for this purpose can be downloaded from the portal and can be uploaded after completing it when the taxpayer submits the return.
- TAX Period Number for all Tax Type:With ITAS, the tax period number does not represent the calendar Month. For example, period 01/2019 does not mean January 2019, but it means period one (1) of 2019.
Contact our legislation team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any additional information.
© 2019 CRS Technologies (Pty)Ltd. All Rights Reserved.