JANUARY 2020 – SOUTH AFRICA
AMENDMENT OF BCEA REGULATIONS
It is important that employers note the following:
Basic Conditions of Employment Act amendment of regulations as set out in the Schedule
Government Gazette 42965 NO. R 39 was published on 22 January 2020 to amend the regulations as set out in the Schedule in the Basic Conditions of Employment Act (BCEA) under Section 86(1).
The Schedule has been revised to amend:
- BCEA 1A (Basic Conditions of Employment Act, 1997 Summary to be kept by an Employer in terms of Section 30 of the Act) to provide for the:
- National minimum wage;
- Parental leave, adoption leave and commissioning parental leave.
- BCEA 9 Form (Department of Employment & Labour Written Undertaking – to record an undertaking by the employer to comply with a provision of the Acts enforced in terms of the BCEA. Such form is completed by a labour inspector and issued to an employer).
- BCEA 12 Form (Department of Employment & Labour Compliance Order – to enforce compliance with a provision of the Act. Such form is completed by a labour inspector and issued to an employer and employees affected by it).
- BCEA 14A Form (certificate of appointment in terms of Section 63 of the BCEA, which relates to the appointment of labour inspectors).
- BCEA 14B Form (labour inspector card).
To view the Government Gazette, follow the link.
Contact our legislation team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any additional information.
© 2020 CRS Technologies (Pty)Ltd. All Rights Reserved.